REPLACE RETRACE

by - 11:19 AM


The town that is supposed to be my home is the last place I want to be. 

This town is charming with the cutest shops, dainty bakeries and secret coffee shops. 

The trees are tall and so vivid, the water is clear and little water striders dance across the vast lake.

There I sit amongst the crowd, tired, wishing to be in bed or home wherever that may be. 




 I thought this was what I wanted, where I wanted to be but now I'm having second thoughts.

So many scattered thoughts.

So many retraced steps.

Through museums with captured moments hung so delicate, over wooden bridge and past quiet alleys. Through busy lit streets and department stores full of glittering accessories. Stores selling assorted meals and colourful drinks.

This town is charming. I adore it yet I feel empty like my soul isn't in it. I'm seeing the prettiest places and the happiest people but I don't feel like I belong.


Exchange has basically officially started and it's a mess.
Firstly, I did not budget. Who knew adulting would be so expensive?? I mean I thought salads were stuff that u were forced to eat not sacrifice over. the things I could buy for one tomato here.
Secondly, I lost my mobile today... Meaning goodbye to the most precious photos and countless important things and hello stress. Hello to a whole lot of stress...
Thirdly, I'm missing home but I don't even know where that is. My mum is here with me but it feels suffocating. I can't seem to sleep at night.

Also as the days get colder I seem to feel more inclined to stay in bed all day. Maybe it's not the worst thing but I don't want to completely shut off and distance everyone.


I hope that wherever you are to whoever might be reading you are warm and enjoying your home right now~

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Your writing is so soo beautiful in this, it evokes the complete sense of loss/pain you seem to be feeling, not knowing where you belong. I really hope writing provides an outlet for these thoughts and that you begin to find a sense of grounding soon, wherever that may be or whatever it may be in. Sending lots of love your way!xox
    https://kaatielouu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite lost but I'm settling down now, blogging/ writing does seem to help a whole lot. Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. I know this feeling so much... So I know how much support and warmth you need. Warm hugs and I hope it'll all change soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is nice
    new post
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2018/10/chicken-republic-nigeria.html

    ReplyDelete